Sultan Lloyd Solicitors are seeking a specialist, ambitious Immigration Solicitor /Caseworker to be part of our Asylum and private immigration department at our Birmingham office. Your will be managing a busy caseload covering the full remit of immigration matters to include Asylum applications and appeals with a particular emphasis on minor work. Experience in Judicial Review and Court of Appeal work is a strong advantage.
The ideal candidate will be a Solicitor/Caseworker, with at least 3 years’ PQE gained in a reputable Immigration team with Law society level 2 accreditation as a requirement . You must have excellent technical and communication skills with strong advocacy skills. You will be commercially aware with strong leadership skills. You will be able to hit the ground running and be able to also manage complex private immigration matters.
The successful candidate will become part of a reputable immigration department that has been established for nearly fifteen years, enjoying excellent working conditions and a friendly team. The company will be supportive of career progression and can offer training contracts to the successful candidate.
Level 2 LSC accredited immigration Solicitor/case-worker with the following criteria:
- Prepared and Assisted on Asylum Appeal Applications; Fast-track Asylum Appeal Applications
- Dealt with Deportation Appeals; First and Upper Tribunal Appeals and Fresh Claim Applications
- Represented clients including minors at Home Office asylum interviews and Detention Centres
- Prepared Emergency Injunction Applications to Upper Tribunal and the High Court
- Advised and completed applications for Nationality Applications, Sponsorship and EEA
- Has experience of Judicial review applications in the High court
- Good client care skills and marketing ability to convert private clients
- Experience in Court of Appeal and Judicial review work
- Experience of supervising other case-worker in the team
Salary: competitive and depends on experience
The contact point is N Sultana on email: [email protected] Telephone: 07961 314 247 Office: 01212482850