A Tier 2 (General) Visa allows migrants to work in the UK for up to six years.

Sultan Lloyd Solicitors advise both people wanting to come into the UK for employment purposes and employers wishing to sponsor skilled migrants to work for their organisation.

We have years of experience applying for and obtaining Skilled Worker Visas, and we will take the time to explain the process in full to you and collate the necessary documents needed to be sent to the UK Border Agency.

How we Assist Employers in Obtaining a Sponsorship Licence

If you are an employer and wish to employ workers from outside the EEA and Switzerland, you will need to be registered with the UK Border Agency for a Sponsorship Licence.

To be added to the register, you will need to show the following:

  • your organisation is legal within the UK
  • your company will not provide any threat to immigration control; and
  • you will fulfil your sponsorship duties

If accepted, your company will be awarded an A or B rating and the register.  If you fail in your sponsorship duties your rating can be downgraded or your registration can be revoked.

In order to recruit a foreign national for a position, the job you need to fill must be on the current UK Shortage Occupation list.  If it is not, you will need to follow a process which includes advertising the position you have available for at least 28 days, to show that no one in the UK is able to fill your vacancy, therefore, you have to recruit from abroad.

Obtaining a Sponsorship Licence and fulfilling your sponsorship duties once you have recruited a foreign worker can be complicated; therefore, it is best to obtain proper legal advice before beginning the process.  Let us explain your duties, assist you with your application and compile the necessary documentation, saving your time, stress and money.

We can make the process easy, so you can get the best people to fill your vacancies.

How we Assist Tier 2 (General) Visa Applicants (Employees)

In order to be eligible for a Tier 2 (General) Visa you must have:

  • a Certificate of Sponsorship reference number
  • an salary of £20,800 or more
  • the required level of English

You must also have £945 in savings to show you can support yourself and this must be in your bank account for 90 days before you apply, unless you’re exempt.

Tier 2 (General) Sponsored Worker Visa Lawyers Birmingham

Let our immigration team make the application for you, so you can concentrate on organising your move to the UK.

To talk to us further, please call us on 01212482850 to make an appointment or fill in our contact form.

Enquire today